HINDI TEACHERS TRAINING CERTIFICATE
The H.T.T. Certificate Examination shall be held at he end training of one year (Academic).There shall be seven papers in theory each of 100 marks = 700.
There shall be three papers in practical each of 100 marks.
Examination in theory papers shall be each of 3 hrs. duration..
syllabus and course of studies
Paper - I (a) Methods of Teaching 50 100
(b) Methods of Language Teaching (with
reference to the teaching of Hindi as a second language) 50
Paper - II (a) Principles of Education 40
(b) Education in India after
Independence and its problems 40
(c) School Organisation 10
(d) School Health Education 10 100
Paper - III Educational and Development Psychology
(with special reference to language teaching) 100
Paper - IV (a) Elements of Linguistics 60 100
(b) Hindi Phonetics 40 100
Paper - V Hindi structure and its grammer 45
Language work and common error
Translation, Idioms letter writing and Essay 20+10+10+15 100
Paper - VI Prose and Poetry 50+50 100
(Explanation-20×2 (from prose and poetry)
Question and criticism 30×2 from prose and poetry.
Paper - VII(a) History of hindi literature 40
(b) Study of forms of literature 40 100
(c) Study of poetie Vads 20
Paper - VIII Practice Teaching (sessional work) 100
Practice teaching 20 lessons and
four demonstration/ essons willl be attended.
One criticism lesson 10 observations
Paper - IX Practical Teaching 100
Paper - X Viva-Voce 100
Total of marks 1000
Paper -VIII Practical Teaching( Sessional work) 100
The marks will be distributed as follows :
(i) Lession plan-40 marks (ii) Observation lessions - 20 marks (iii) Teaching aids -20 marks (iv) Essays - 20 = Total 100 marks . Every Trainee shal deliver at least 20 lessions during the session. Also there will be one critisism lession and ten observation lessions for each trainee.
Paper - IX Practical Exam. (Teaching ) 100
Paper - X Viva- Voce (General) 100
The knowledge on language, literature, phonetics, grammer and some general knowledge connecting to the teaching Hindi as well as pronuciation will also be taken an account.
syllabus and courses of studies in detail
Paper - I (Marks 100)
(a) Methods of Teaching 50
(b) Methods of Language Teaching (with
reference to the teaching of Hindi as a second language) 50
(a) Methods of teaching :
(i) Meaning and definitions of teaching.
(ii) Principles of teaching.
(iii) Maxim of teaching and teaching methods.
(iv) Teaching devices.
(v) Lesson Plan and types of lessons.
(vi) Importance of lesson plan.
(vii) Implication of each steps in lesson plan.
(b) Language teaching with reference to the teaching as hindi as a second language –
(i) Importance of language, the utility of learning language in modern life and in the integration of societies.
(ii) Aims of language teaching, aims of teaching mother tounge and state language.
(iii) Principles of learning and teaching, language and their utility in the teaching of Hindi as second language.
(iv) (a) Oral skill or ability to listen
(b) Measure to develop oral skill
(v) (a) Speach skill
(b) Measure to develop speaking skill
(vi) (a) Reading skill
(b) Measure to develop readign skill
(vii) (a) Writing skill
(b) Measure to develop writing skill.
(viii) Difference between teaching of mother tongue and the teaching of second language.
(ix) Study of various methods of teaching a second language.
(x) Importance and utility and audio-visual aids in teaching second language.
(xi) Importance of teaching Hindi in non-Hindi speaking areas, Hindi in the Indian constitution;
PAPER-I (REFERENCE BOOKs)
1. Bhasa Sikshyan Sidhant our Pravidhi - Manorama Gupta, Kendriya Hindi Sansthan, Agra.
2. Saphal Sikshyan Kala-P.D. Pathak aur G.S.D. Tyagi, Vinod pustak Mandir, Agra.
3. Sikshyan Kala aur Nabeen padhatiyan - S.S. Mathur, Vinod Pustak Mandir, Agra.
4. Bhasa 1.2. Ki Sikshyan Vidhiyan aur Path Niyojan - Dr. L.N. Sharma, Vinod Pustak Mandir, Agra.
5. Hindi Sikshyan vidhi - Dr. R.N. Saphaya, Vinod Pustak Mandir, Agra.
6. Hindi Bhasa Sikshyan - Bhai Yogendrajit, Vinod Pustak Mandir, Agra.
7. Kakshyadhyapan aur Path-Yojana - Banshidhar Singh Avam Bhudev Sastri, Gaya Prasad and Sons, Agra.
8. Madyamik Vidyalayan men hindi Sikshyan - Pajsthan Hindi Granth Akademi, Jaipur.
9. Saphal Sikshyan - vidyanath Sharma, L.N. Agrawal, Agra
10. Hindi Sikshyan men Path-yojna ki roop rekha, Dr. Trilochan Panigrahi.
PAPER-II (100 marks)
(a) Principles of Education - 40 marks
(b) Problems in Indian Education on after Independance 40 marks
(c) School Organization 10 marks
(d) School Health Education 10 marks
(a) Principles of Education
1. Meaning of Education.
2. Aims of Education : Individual and social.
3. Agencies of Education
i) Formal - Teacher, student, syllabus and methods
ii) Informal - Family, community, state, school and others their organization function and co-relation.
4. Theories and tendencies of Education : Idealism, Naturalism, Realism, Pragmatism their utility in education.
5. View of Modern educationists :
a) Mahatma Gandhi
c) Swami Vivekananda
d) Rabindranath Tagor.
b. Problems in Indian Education after Independence :
1. Education in India after Independence - Primary, Secondary, University and Adult Education with special reference to medium of instruction at each level importance of national language.
2. Teachers Training Education : aims, problems and its remedial measures.
3. Education commission- Radhakrishna, Mudaliyar and Kothari with reference to the National National Educational Act-1986.
c) School organisation :
i) School organisation and its meaning.
Headmaster and Teacher.
ii) Teacher and pupils.
iii) Teacher and Guardian.
iv) Teacher and the extra curriicular and co-curricular activities and the school.
d) Health Education :
i) Importance of Health education.
ii) Community Hygiene and pesonal hygines.
iii) Childrens diseases.
iv) School postural defects and their remedies.
v) School sanitation.
Paper -II (Reference Books)
1. Shikhya Ke Samanya Sidhant : P.D. Pathak and P.S.D.tyagi, Binod Pustak Mandir, Agra.
2. Shikhya Sidhan - S.P. Choube, Binod Pustak Mandir, Agra.
3. Shikhya Ke Tatwik Sidhant - S.K. Agrawal, Rajash Publishing House Merath.
4. Shikhya Ke sidhan aur Adhar - L.K. Gupta, Kailash Brothers, Allahabad
5. Shikhya Darsan - Jayasabal, Makmillan Prakasan, Delhi
6. Shikhya Darsan - Ramshakal Pandey, Binod Pustak Mandir, Agra.
7. Bharatiya Shikhya ka Itihas - B.P. Jauhari, P.D. Pathak, , Binod Pustak Mandir, Agra.
8. Bharatiya Shikhya our unki Samasyaan - Bhai Yogendrajit, Bimal Prakasan Mandir, Agra.
9. Vidyalaya Prasasan Tathaswathya Shikhya - J.C. Agrawal , Arya Book Depo, New Delhi.
10. Vidyalaya Prasasan Ebam Sangathan - Smt. S.P. Sukhia, Binod Pustak Mandir, Agra.
11. Swathya Shikya - J.P. Sauri, Binod Pustak Mandir, Agra.
12. Bharatiya Shikhya ki Samasyaen our Prabutiyama - Bidyabati Maleya, Malmillan Compani, New Delhi.
PAPER- III (100 marks)
EDUCATIONAL & DEVELOPMENT PSYCHOLOGY
1. a) Psychology and Education
b) Heredity and Environment.
c) Elementary knowledge of Instinct and emotions
d) Stages of human development - physical , mental , amotional and social.
e) Personality and intalligence.
f) Learning.Nature of learning, Theories of learning (conditioning, Trial and error, insight) Learning and maturation.
2. Child’s process of learning the language; mother tongue or birth language and second language.
3. Role of language in the development of personality language and thiinking, language and emotions.
4. Conditions for the learning of language, language and motivation, external and internal motives and their utility in the teaching of language. Retention and transfer.
5. Memory and Forgetfulness, their impact on learning of language.
6. Impact of mother tongue in the learning of other language.
1. Meaning of Remedial Education and its importance.
2. Study of individual needs , childs personality.
3. Perceptual sensory and other disabilities in children and their remedy.
4. Dullness and backwardness.
5. Learning failures in children and remedial measures with preference to the learning of language.
PAPER- III (Reference Books)
1. Siksha Manovigyan Ki Rooprekha - S.P. Choubey, Macmillan & Co, Delhi.
2. Siksha Manovigyan , S.S. Mathur, Binod Pustak Mandir, Agra.
3. Vikasatmak Manovigyan : S.S. Jaiswal
4. Baal Manovigyan - S.P. Chubey
5. Saikshik Manovigyan , J.P. Showrie - Ramprasad & sons, Agra
PAPER- IV (100 marks)
ELEMENTARY LINGUISTICS HINDI SCRIPT AND LANGUAGE
1. Definition of language, Language Society and culture, literature and language.
2. Component of language - Dhawani- Vigyan, Shabda-Vigyan, Pad- Vigyan , Padbandha- Vigyan, Vakya-Vigyan, Artha-Vigyan, Shaile -Vigyan.
3. (i) General classification of families of world language.
(ii) Indo-European Families -Aryan language, Elementary Knowledge of modern - Aryan Languages - Assamese, Bengali, Oriya, Rajastani Hindi, Gujrati, Marathi, Punjabi, etc.
(iii) History of Modern Hindi language.
4. History of Nagari Script and numerals.
HINDI PHONETICS (GENERAL)
1. Dafinition of phonetics, it’s importance in language teachings.
2. Knowledge of sound organ
3. Classification of sound-vowel and consonant, place of articulaion, voice and aspiration.
4. Comparative study of Hindi-Oriya vowels and consonant-Idioms, other linguistic influences.
5. Pitch, Accent (tone)
6. Applied Phonetics - pronounciation, writing and spelling of Hindi language phone, Phoneme, Merph, Morphone, Allophone, Allomorph.
PAPER- IV (Reference Books)
1. Bhasha Vigyan - Dr. B.N. Tiwari,Kitab Mahal.
2. Bhasha Vigyan Ki Bhumika- Dr. D.N. Sharma
3. Bhasha Vigyan , ShyamSundar Das.
4. Bhasha Vigyan Ka Udbhava Aur Vikas : Dr. U.N. Tiwari
5. Dhwani Vigyan , Prof. G.Dhal.
6. Hindi Dhwaniya - Ucharan Aur Lekhan , Dr. T. Panigrahi
7. Hindi Dhwnia Aur Unka Uchcharan , Dr. B.N. Tiwari
8. Adhunik Bhasha Aur Hindi Sanrachana - Pitambar Cemal Institute of hindi , Agra -5.
PAPER- V (100 Marks)
a) Hindi Structure and its Grammer with common errors. 45
b) Translation & Re-translation 10+10 20
c) Idioms and proverbs. 10
d) Letter writing , Essay -10+15 10+15
(a) Hindi structure and its Grammer :
i) Nouns, Pronouns and Adjectives
Nouns : Nouns, Gender, number,case and its sign :
Ne, Ko, Se, Main, Par, Ka (Sambodhan Karak sign)
ii) Pronouns : (Personal, Demonstrative, Reflexive, Relative, indefinite, intorrogative). The delique form compound pronouns.
iii) Adjective - Forms of adjective.
iv) Verbs : Forms of Verb, Voice, Mood, tense.
v) Adverbs, Post- Positions, conjuctions and interjections.
b) Hindi to Oriya and Oriya to Hindi Translation.
c) Idioms in General and proverbs.
d) Letter writtings in General.
PAPER- V (Reference Books)
1. Adhunik Hindi Vyakaran Aur Rachana - Dr. B.N. Prasad, Bharati Bhavan, patna.
2. Vyavaharik Vyakaran Aur Rachana , Dr. H. Bahari, Lok Bharati, Alld.
3. Hindi ka vivaranatmak vyakaran, Dr. L.N. Sharma, Vinod Pustak Mandir, Agra.
4. Hindi Bhasha Ki sanrachan Ka Parichayatmak Vyakaran, Dr. L.N. Sharma,Satsahitya Sadan , Agra -4
5. A basic Grammer of Modern Hindi - Central Hindi Directorate , NDLI-64
6. Bhasha Vigyan Aur Hindi Sanrachana - Pitambar , CHI Agra-5
7. Hindi Sanrachana ka Adhyayan Adhyapan - L.N. Sharma, S.H.I. , Agra
8. Muhavare Aur Kahawaten.
PAPER- VI (100 Marks)
Hindi Prose & Poetry 50+50 = 100
Explanation prose & Poetry 20+20=40
Questio & Criticism (Prose & Poetry) 30+30=60
Prose section :1. Shrestha Hindi Nibandh Edited by Dr. Ajay Kumar patnaik, and published by sabnam Pustak Mahal, Press Chhak Cuttack-10.
The following proses are to be studied :
b) Parbat Putra
c) Yathato Ghumakkad Jijnyasa
d) Haldi dub Aur Dadhi Achhat
SHORT STORIES : 2. Adhunika Kahani Sangrah-Prepared by Central Hindi Institute, Agra.
The following stories are to be studied :
a) Puraskar - Jayasankar Prasad
b) Wapasi - Usha Priyambada
c) Postman - Shailesh Matiyani
d) Usne Kaha Tha - Chandradhar Sharma Guleri
e) Bholaram Ka Jib Harishankar Parasai
One Act PLAY : 3. Das Ekanki-Editted by Dr.Balendu Shekar Tiwari and Published by Sabnam PUstak Mahal, Press Chhak , Cuttack-10
The following one act plays are to be studied :
a) Ek Tole Aphim Ki Keemat - Ram kumar Barma.
b) Bijay Ki Bela - Jagdish Chandra Mathur
c) Basant Rutu Ka Natak - laxminarayan Lal
d) Game Bukhar - Balendu Shekhar Tiwari.
POETRY Section : Hindi Kavya Sangrah- Prepared by Central Hindi Institute, Agra.
The following poems are to be studied :
1) Kabir - Pad 1-8.
2) Surdas - Whole
3) Tulasi das - Bharat Mahima, Vinaya Patrika
4) Bihari - Whole.
5) Maithili Sharan Gupta - Sakhi Basanta se Kanha Gaye awy.
6. Jayasankar Prasad - Aansu.
7) Suryakanta Tripathi Nirala - Todati Pathar.
8) Sumitra nandan Pant - Prathama Rashmi, Taj, Git, Bihag.
9) Mahadevi Varma - Main neerbhari Dukh ki Badli Pantha hone do Aparichit.
10) Ramdhari Singh - Dinkar - Abhinab Manusya.
11) Sachidananda Hirananda Batchayan ‘Agnya’- Kalagi Bajare ki, Yah deep Akela.
12) Nargjun - Pret Ka Bayan.
13) Dharmaveer Bharati - Tuta Pahiya.
PAPER- VII (100Marks)
1. History of Hindi literature - characteristics 40
Features of the different ages of Hindi literature.
2. i) Study of the following forms fo literature 40
a) Mahakavya, b) Khandakavya, c) Gitikavya, d) Upanyas, e) Kahani, f) Natak, g) Ekanki, h) Rekhachitra, i) Reportaj, j) Nibandha.
2. Study of the following Vads :
Chhayavad, Pragativad and Prayogvad.
PAPER- VII (Reference Books)
1. Hindi Sahitya ka Itihas - Ramchandra sukla.
2. Hindi Sahitya ka Alochanatmak Itihas - Dr. Ram Kumar Varma
3. Hindi Sahitya ka Itihas - Eddited by Dr.Nagendra
4. Hindi Sahitya ka Udbhav Aur Vikas - Dr. Mazari Pd. Dwivedi
5. Hindi Sahitya ka Itihas - Ek Adhyayana - Dr. T. Panigrahi
6. Sahitya Vivechan : Mallick Aur Suman.
7. Kabya Ke Roop : Dr. Gulab Rai.
8. Sahitya Ka Sathi - Dr. Hazri Pd. Dwivedi
NAME OF THE SECONDARY SCHOOL IDENTIFIED FOR PRACTICE TEACHING/INTERSHIP AND THEIR DISTANCE FROM THE INSTITUTION.
Sl Name of School Distance
01. Buckley Girls High school, Cuttack 01.00 K.M.
02. Christ Collegiate high School, Cuttack 01.05 K.M.
03. Baktamadhu Bidyapitha,Kazi Bazar, Cuttack 01.05 K.M.
04. Govt. Girls High School, Kazi Bazar, Cuttack 01.05 K.M.
05. Municipal High school, Mansinghpatna, Cuttack 03.00 K.M.
06. Ranihat High school, Ranihat, Cuttack 03.00 K.M.
07. Police Line High school, Buxi Bazar, Cuttack 01.00 K.M.
08. Marwari Hindi High School , Cuttack 02.00 K.M.